Tuesday, April 30, 2024

PAD Day 30: Made It Again!

 Today's prompts:
WBP: Write a "beginning" and/or "ending" poem.
NPWM: "... write a poem in which the speaker is identified with, or compared to, a character from myth or legend..."
PSH: "Compose a poem using the photographs on your phone or on display in your home –
Write as if scrolling through them, describing each one briefly....
Keep scrolling and start adding pictures that aren’t there ....
Keep mixing real images with imaginary ones. The poem will tell you how it wants to end." Brendan Constantine)
I combined all three prompts today. It's up to you to figure out which of the photos on my list are real and which are not. 

The End of Argos’s Google Photo Gallery

The last name is Panoptes, which means “all-seeing,”
which applied to my one hundred eyes,
and my camera as well.
 
Here is Marvel’s The Hulk made entirely of Legos
appearing to push a toddler in a stroller.
 
Here are zookeepers tossing fish to harbor seals
for rolling over, waving their fins, and kissing.
 
Here, blowing bubbles with my grandson.
 
Here are huge flowers of blown glass,
and here is a car door growing from a garden.
 
Here are some Christmas trees.
 
Here is a fishing boat shaped like a shark,
and here is a shark shaped like a school bus.
 
Here is sunset on the Gulf of Mexico.
 
Here is an opossum on my son’s head.
 
Here is a bowl of Italian wedding soup.
 
Here is a white heifer, really a mistress of Zeus,
whom Hera asked me to guard.
 
And here is a shepherd who looks suspiciously
like Hermes, probably sent by Zeus.
His words are making me sleepy,
and he is the last thing my many eyes see.
 
Here is a selfie of Hermes with my head.


(I'll be back soon with a summary and highlights of April.)




 




1 comment:

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ha, that was fun to read! I'm sure it would all be just like that.