Tuesday, April 13, 2021

PAD Challenge Day 13: Limerick News

 Today's prompts from Write Better Poetry and NaPoWriMo: (1) Write a "lucky" and/or "unlucky" poem, and (2) "write a poem in the form of a news article you wish would come out tomorrow." This isn't actually in news-item form (maybe it would be if Edward Lear had been a newspaper man), and it's short and sweet. Maybe I'll come up with something more substantial later, but for now:

Lucky Day

In other news, COVID is done,
world peace prevails, we've banned the gun,
all the poor have been fed,
all the despots are dead,
and my lottery ticket just won!







2 comments:

Vince Gotera said...

Brilliant and fun.

Mine is more sober. Still thinking if I'll put it out or write another.

Bruce Niedt said...

I may still write another. Some days I feel like one short poem is "cheating."