Thursday, November 12, 2020

November Chapbook Challenge Day 12: A Nod from the Creator

 First of all, thanks to hay(na)ku creator Eileen Tabios for citing me on her Facebook page! Our mutual friend Vince Gotera alerted her to my poem-a-day project of all hay(na)ku poems, and she posted my opening day poem, "Election Season", on her page. I also told her about the hay(na)ku contest back in 2011 on Robert Lee Brewer's blog, of which I was one of the winners - she wasn't aware of it till now.

Today's prompt from Mr. Brewer: Write a poem with a number in its title. There's only one number that dominates this year, and that's the year itself:

2020
 
entering
we had
no perfect vision
 
looking
in hindsight
that brutal judge -
 
we
should have
been more careful
 
we
should have
seen the injustice
 
we should have
saved the planet


No comments: