Monday, November 30, 2020

November Chapbook Challenge Dy 30: Don't Let the Door Hit Your...

 Today's prompt from Robert Lee Brewer: Write an "exit" poem. I didn't want to get as political as I did this month, but it's almost impossible not to, with all the heat generated from a historically unique presidential election. particularly a clear loser who refuses to concede. I won't say more, or I'll rant for another hour. I'll just let my poem do the talking.


Exit Strategies
 
hot-air
balloon like
the Magnificent Oz
 
escape
tunnel to
your underground lair
 
donning
handcuffs, jumpsuit
for broken laws
 
granting
a self-pardon
(so very unfair)
 
whatever works, nemesis,
vacate the premises

2 comments:

Vince Gotera said...

Bruce, this is my favorite for the whole 30 days. Great job all month!

Bruce Niedt said...

Thanks, Vince!