Sunday, November 8, 2020

November Chapbook Challenge Day 8: R.I.P. Alex

 I was sad to hear that long-time "Jeopardy" host Alex Trebek passed away today from pancreatic cancer, a terrible disease that almost never comes to a good end. (I had a close friend who died from it, and it was heartbreaking to see him waste away.) But he was one of the best TV hosts of all time, and gave us over 35 years of great game show moments.

Anyway, today's prompt from Robert Lee Brewer is to write a "persona" poem. I hope this isn't too soon, and it's a bit lighthearted, but I'd like to think that Alex would have enjoyed it.


Alex Trebek in Heaven
 
Saint
Peter issues
me a quiz
 
I
know what
the answer is
 
but
to get
myself in heaven
 
should
I wager
six or seven
 
to unfetter me
from final jeopardy?
 

No comments: