Saturday, November 28, 2020

November Chapbook Challenge Day 28: Remix!

 Today's prompt from Robert Lee Brewer: Write a "remix" poem. That is, take a poem (or poems) you have writtent this month and change it/them in some way. For instance, turn a sonnet into a haiku, jumble up the words of a poem and re-order them, or as i did, takes pieces of several poems and re-assemble them to form a new poem. I've done this exercise before by creating a new poem from the last lines of several poems I wrote earlier in the month. I tired it today too - it's a somewhat different challenge because due to the nature of the form I've been writing in, all the last lines of my poems have had exactly three words. Also, have to break up those three-word lines to get them to fit into the form of the new poem. I used the last lines from poems I wrote on Days 3, 4, 8, 11, 12, 17, 18, 20, 22, 23, and 27 (including the title). I'm not sure how much sense it makes, but here it is: 

Our Flawed Creation
 
your
echoed voice
is worthless, fella
 
we're
all dying
to get along
 
save
the planet
from final jeopardy
 
it's
gonna rain -
I'm sunlight refracted
 
I need cheer
until I drop

No comments: