Monday, April 20, 2015

PAD Day 20: My Brain, the Junk Drawer

Today's prompts from Poetic Asides and NaPoWriMo:
(1) Write a poem with the title, "My ____, the ______", and
(2) Write a poem that states the things you know - a series of facts, beliefs, etc.

Here's my result, a kind of free-association of trivia and facts connected to personal information and observations.  Does your brain work like this too?

My Brain, the Junk Drawer

Johann Sebastian Bach had twenty children.
My son won’t eat anything that swims.

The tomato is a fruit.
My wife’s cousin is allergic to gluten and milk.

Richard Nixon is the only US president to resign from office.
I will be retiring soon.

The basic Medicare B premium for 2015 is $104.90.
I need to pay my mortgage this week.

Thomas Edison produced the first “Frankenstein” movie.
I can’t decide whether to drop Netflix.

Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band was released on June 1, 1967.
I always wanted to be a radio DJ.

Ken Jennings won $2.5 million dollars on Jeopardy!
I was on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire but didn't win any cash.

Walt Whitman was a nurse in the Civil War.
I haven't written a poem today. I need some paper clips.

About 40,000 people die each year from pancreatic cancer in the US.
I think I’m getting a cold.

The first transatlantic telegraph cable was laid in 1858.
I can’t find my cellphone.

The square of the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides.
I need a tape measure. Where’s the tape measure?

Only about 8500 DeLorean sports cars were ever produced –
none were actually outfitted for time travel.
I need to borrow your car keys.


No comments: