Saturday, April 18, 2020

PAD Day 18: Another Hay(na)ku

Today's prompts from Poetic Asides and NaPoWriMo: (1) Write a "message" poem, and (2) write an "ode to life’s small pleasures". I think that getting a kind or loving text or Facebook message from someone you're fond of can make your day, so that is my "small pleasure". I enjoyed writing a hay(na)ku sonnet the other day (see Day 10), the form created by my friend Vince Gotera, and I went an extra step by giving it a rhyme scheme (xxA xxA xxB xxB CC, but the first four stanzas could work just as easily as ABAB or ABBA). Today I tried another one:



PM

my
day unravels
like a sweater

until
your message
makes it better

you
send me
a virtual hug

it
sweeps despair
beneath my rug

while we're apart,
emoji red heart

3 comments:

Vince Gotera said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vince Gotera said...

Bruce, dude ... you rhymed! Bravo! Brilliant!

Bruce Niedt said...

Thanks!