Monday, April 17, 2023

PAD Day 17 Part II: There's a Sucker...

 So here is my poem for the Write Better Poetry prompt (write a "nerve" poem.) I used the words "nerve" and "nervous," but that's the only element of my poem that responds to the prompt.


Born Every Minute
 
It made me nervous at first,
to see bright blue strawberries
in a seed ad on the internet.
 
How unnatural, I thought,
yet maybe it is possible
to cross-breed strawberries
and blueberries. No, the ad says,
they took the DNA of some
Alaskan flounder to make them
blue and more resistant to frost.
 
But it's all just a scam.
It turns out this bogus company
Photoshopped blue coloring
onto everyday red strawberries.
They've got their nerve
preying on the gullible like that.
 
What's more, my seeds still
haven't germinated,
and I want my money back.

No comments: